Tutorial: Create a State Machine Workflow
State machine workflows in Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) are designed to work in event-driven scenarios. A state machine workflow contains two or more states, with one state being the active state at any given time.
In this tutorial, you create a state machine-based workflow that handles orders from the host application and processes the orders through different states in the workflow. The initial state is the WaitingForOrder state, which executes when the host application submits a new order. Upon receipt of the new order, the OrderProcessing state executes to process the order. The final state is the OrderCompleted state.
In This Section
- Exercise 1: Create the Simple Order Form Project
- Shows how to create the Simple Order Form project.
- Exercise 2: Create the Simple Order Form Application
- Shows how to create a Simple Order Form application.
- Completed State Machine Workflow Tutorial
- Discusses the completed State Machine workflow.
ConceptsState Machine Workflows
Copyright © 2007 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last Published: 2010-03-04