Regular Expression Examples
This section contains code examples that illustrate the use of regular expressions in common applications.
In This Section
- Example: Scanning for HREFS
Provides an example that searches an input string and prints out all the href="…" values and their locations in the string.
- Example: Changing Date Formats
Provides an example that replaces dates of the form mm/dd/yy with dates of the form dd-mm-yy.
- How to: Extract a Protocol and Port Number from a URL
Provides an example that extracts a protocol and port number from a string containing a URL. For example, "http://www.contoso.com:8080/letters/readme.html" returns "http:8080".
- How to: Strip Invalid Characters from a String
Provides an example that strips invalid non-alphanumeric characters from a string.
- How to: Verify that a String is in Valid E-Mail Format
Provides an example that you can use to verify that a string is in valid e-mail format.
Provides class library reference information for the .NET Framework System.Text.RegularExpressions namespace.