Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) provides support to easily work with syndication feeds in Atom, RSS or other custom formats, which allows you to read and create them, as well as expose them on a service endpoint. The topics in this section describe this programming model for syndication in detail.
In This Section
- WCF Syndication Overview
- Provides an overview of syndication support provided by WCF.
- Architecture of Syndication
- Describes the classes in the object model and the extensibility of syndication.
- How the WCF Syndication Object Model Maps to Atom and RSS
- Describes how feeds are represented within the WCF Syndication Object Model and how they are converted to RSS and Atom feeds.
- How to: Create a Basic RSS Feed
- Shows how to create a service that makes a basic RSS feed available.
- How to: Create a Basic Atom Feed
- Shows how to create a service that makes a basic ATOM feed available.
- How to: Expose a Feed as both Atom and RSS
- Shows how to create a service that makes the same feed available with ATOM and RSS.
- Syndication Extensibility
- Describes the methods of adding custom elements and attributes to a syndication feed.
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build Date: 2009-08-07