Regular Expression Examples
This section contains code examples that illustrate the use of regular expressions in common applications.
In This Section
- Scanning for HREFS
- Provides an example that searches an input string and prints out all the href="..." values and their locations in the string.
- Changing Date Formats
- Provides an example that replaces dates of the form mm/dd/yy with dates of the form dd-mm-yy.
- Extracting URL Information
- Provides an example that extracts a protocol and port number from a string containing a URL. For example, "http://www.contoso.com:8080/letters/readme.html" returns "http:8080".
- Cleaning an Input String
- provides an example that strips invalid non-alphanumeric characters from a string.
- Confirming Valid E-Mail Format
- Provides an example that you can use to verify that a string is in valid e-mail format.
- Regular Expressions as a Language
- Provides an overview of the programming-language aspect of regular expressions.
- Regular Expression Classes
- Describes the regular expression classes contained in the System.Text.RegularExpression namespace and provides examples of their use.
- Details of Regular Expression Behavior
- Provides information about the capabilities and behavior of .NET Framework regular expressions.
- Regular Expression Language Elements
- Provides information on the set of characters, operators, and constructs that you can use to define regular expressions.
- Provides class-library reference information for the .NET Framework System.Text.RegularExpressions namespace