Why Use C#
C# is an elegant, simple, type-safe, object-oriented language that allows enterprise programmers to build a breadth of applications.
C# also gives you the capability to build durable system-level components by virtue of the following features:
- Full COM/Platform support for existing code integration.
- Robustness through garbage collection and type safety.
- Security provided through intrinsic code trust mechanisms.
- Full support of extensible metadata concepts.
You can also interoperate with other languages, across platforms, with legacy data, by virtue of the following features:
- Full interoperability support through COM+ 1.0 and .NET Framework services with tight library-based access.
- XML support for wWeb-based component interaction.
- Versioning to provide ease of administration and deployment.