Processing Drives, Folders, and Files
Visual Basic allows you to process drives, folders, and files in several different ways: through the use of the .NET System.IO model, through traditional methods such as the FileOpen and Write functions, and through the File System Object (FSO) model. The following sections discuss these methods in detail.
In This Section
- File Access with Visual Basic .NET
- Discusses how to use the .NET System.IO model to work with files, drives, and folders.
- File Access with Visual Basic Run-Time Functions
- Discusses how to process files directly to create, manipulate, and store text and other data.
- Accessing Files with FileSystemObject
- Covers using FileSystemObject to create and manipulate files.
- Program Structure and Code Conventions
- Provides guidelines for the physical structure and appearance of programs.