ADO.NET Data Adapters
The following topics provide information about ADO.NET data-adapter objects and how to work with them in Visual Studio. Adapters are used to exchange data between a data source and a dataset.
In This Section
- Introduction to Data Adapters
- Provides an overview of what data adapters are, what they are used for, and how they are structured.
- Parameters in Data-Adapter Commands
- Describes the structure and use of parameters that adapters pass at run time to SQL statements or stored procedures.
- Table Mapping in Data Adapters
- Describes options for how to map column names between a source table and a dataset table.
- Creating Data Adapters
- Lists different ways of creating data adapters in Visual Studio.
- Configuring Parameters for Data Adapters
- Explains how to create and set properties of parameters that will be passed at run time to data-adapter commands.
- Mapping Data-Source Columns to Dataset Data-Table Columns
- Provides instructions for how to establish and modify the mapping between the column names of source tables and dataset tables.
- Previewing Data-Adapter Results
- Provides instructions for testing how a data adapter will populate a dataset.
- Introduction to Data Access with ADO.NET
- Provides a general introduction to the concepts of data access in Visual Studio.
- Introduction to Datasets
- Provides background information on the structure and use of datasets.
- Creating and Filling Datasets Example Topics
- Presents a series of specific example code topics for common tasks in creating and filling datasets with Visual Basic .NET.
- Manipulating Data Example Topics
- Presents a series of specific example code topics for common tasks in working with data within your application using Visual Basic .NET.