Directives for Web Forms Pages
Directives specify settings used by the page and user-control compilers when they process ASP.NET Web Forms page (.aspx) and user control (.ascx) files.
ASP.NET treats any directive block (<%@ %>) that does not contain an explicit directive name as an @ Page directive (for a page) or as an @ Control directive (for a user control).
For syntax information and descriptions of the attributes available for each directive, use the links that follow.
- @ Page
- Defines page-specific attributes used by the ASP.NET page parser and compiler. Can only be included in .aspx files.
- @ Control
- Defines control-specific attributes used by the ASP.NET page parser and compiler. Can only be included in .ascx files (user controls).
- @ Assembly
- Declaratively links an assembly to the current page or user control.
- @ Implements
- Declaratively indicates that a page or user control implements a specified .NET Framework interface.
- @ Import
- Explicitly imports a namespace into a page or user control.
- @ OutputCache
- Declaratively controls the output caching policies of a page or user control.
- @ Reference
- Declaratively links a page or user control to the current page or user control.
- @ Register
- Associates aliases with namespaces and class names, which allows user controls and custom server controls to be rendered when included in a requested page or user control.