JScript Data Types
JScript provides 13 primitive data types and 13 reference data types. In addition to these, you can declare new data types or use any of the Common Language Specification (CLS)-compliant .NET Framework data types. This section includes information about the intrinsic data types, how to extend those types, how to define your own data types, how to enter data, and how to convert data from one type to another.
In This Section
- Data in JScript
- Links to topics that explain how to enter array, Boolean, numeric, string, and object data.
- Data Type Summary
- Includes a tables of the primitive and reference data types in JScript and corresponding classes in the .NET Framework.
- User Defined Data Types
- Explains how to use the class statement to define new data types.
- Typed Arrays
- Illustrates how to define, initialize, and use typed arrays.
- Type Conversion
- Explains the concept of type conversion and the distinction between implicit and explicit conversion.