|Word Developer Reference|
Version Added: Word 2007
Use the Add method to create a new building block and add it to a template. The following example adds the selected text to the watermarks building block gallery of the first template in the Templates collection.
|Visual Basic for Applications|
Unlike the Add method for the BuildingBlocks collection, you need to specify the type and category when you add a building block using the Add method of the BuildingBlockEntries collection. This is because building blocks are organized by using types and categories. When you use the BuildingBlockEntries collection, you are accessing the entire collection of building blocks in a template; however, when you use the BuildingBlocks collection, you are accessing the collection of building blocks for a specific type and category in a template.
|Using the Category and Type properties for the BuildingBlock object enables you to determine the category and type for a building block.|
For more information about building blocks, see Working with Building Blocks.
- Word Object Model Reference
- BuildingBlockEntries Object Members
- How to: Bind Controls to a Specific Row in the Data Store When Inserting a Building Block
- How to: Create a Custom Building Block Gallery
- How to: Filter the Building Block List in a Content Control
- How to: Set the Building Blocks That You Can Use for a Content Control
- Working with Building Blocks