Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Software Development Kit
Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 provides a rich environment for messaging and collaborative application development. By closely integrating with Windows Server® 2003 and core services such as the Active Directory® directory service and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Exchange Server 2003 simplifies application development, deployment, and management, and helps ensure a faster return on the development investment. For more information about Exchange Server 2003, see the Microsoft Exchange Server Web site.
This is the "final" release of the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Software Development Kit (SDK). We do not plan to update the documentation or samples unless the product APIs change significantly. Developers are encouraged to use the APIs and features of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, which is the successor to Exchange Server 2003. Microsoft and the Exchange Developer Documentation Group thank you for your ongoing support and comments on our work in this SDK. We look forward to working even more closely with you on the Exchange Server 2007 SDK.
This documentation contains the following sections to assist developers in building applications for Exchange Server 2003:
- What's New This topic summarizes the changes that have been made to this release of the Exchange Server 2003 SDK.
- Introduction This section discusses collaborative applications what they are, and what you need to know to develop them.
- Architecture This section provides information about the Windows Server 2003 platform technologies that Exchange Server 2003 integrates with and uses, and describes the programming technologies that are available for use in Exchange Server 2003 applications.
- Environment and Tools This section describes how to configure your environment for developing Exchange Server 2003 applications, and the tools and other developer resources that are supplemental to the Exchange Server 2003 SDK.
- Tasks This section uses sample code to explain the programming tasks that are used to build custom applications for Exchange Server 2003.
- Solutions This section provides sample applications that demonstrate how to develop collaborative Web applications for Exchange Server 2003.
- Reference This section contains information about object models and APIs to use when building applications for Exchange Server 2003.