Adding Users to an Active Directory Group
Commerce Server Business Desk provides the Group Manager module for managing user membership in Active Directory groups. Your system administrator must base your site on the SupplierActiveDirectory Solution Site for you to have a Group Manager module in Business Desk.
You must have access to the Profiles modules to make changes to site terms, profile definitions, and profiles. For information about Business Desk permissions, see About Business Desk Security.
- The Active Directory group to which you want to add a user must have a unique name across the Active Directory tree structure.
- In Profiles, click Group Manager.
- In the Find User or Group screen, in the Find pane, select the Users option.
- In the Search Filter box, type the name of the user you want to add. You can use a wildcard character (*) in the name.
- Click Find Now. If your search returns no results or more than 1,000 results, an error message appears. The results of a successful search are listed in the User Name box.
- Select the user you want to add to an Active Directory group, and then click on the toolbar.
- In the Manage User screen, in the Search Filter box, type the name of the Active Directory group to which you want to add the user. You can use wildcard characters (*).
- Click Find Now.
- In the Search Results list, select the specific Active Directory group to which you want to add the user, and then click on the toolbar to add the user and save the changes to the Active Directory group.
- The Groups that this user belongs to list displays all of the groups that the user currently belongs to.
- Click to return to the Find User or Group screen.
The new user has been added to the specified Active Directory group. You can add another new user or Active Directory group, or you can click a different module in Business Desk.Copyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.