System Deployment Image
System Deployment Image (SDI) enables you to create a file-backed virtual disk drive that can be used as a staging area for your run-time images.
In This Section
- SDI Overview
- Describes the SDI utility and when to use it.
- Using the SDI Loader
- Describes how to use the SDI loader to connect to a file-backed virtual disk drive.
- Manually Installing the SDI Driver
- Describes how to install the SDI driver manually.
- Uninstalling the SDI Driver
- Describes how to remove the SDI driver from the system.
- Deploying a Run-Time Image Using the SDI Data Extraction Tool
- Describes how to create a virtual disk from a run-time image.
- SDI Data Extraction Tool
- Describes the SDI data extraction tool, command usage, and syntax.
- SDI Manager
- Describes the SDI Manager utility and commands.
- Deploy a Run-Time Image
- Describes the process of transferring a run-time image to a variety of media types and the components and tools that are used for this purpose.
- How to Create a Device Recovery CD by Using Windows PE and SDI
- Describes how to create a CD that you can use for recovery, deployment, or field upgrades.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.