Waveform Audio (Windows CE 5.0)
The waveform audio API provides an application exact control over waveform audio input/output devices. It also supports the hardware audio mixer API. In addition to providing volume control, the waveform audio API provides routing services to manage audio lines on your device for playing or recording. Routing services require specific hardware device and driver support. The mixer architecture allows several audio source lines to be mapped to a single destination audio line.
In This Section
- Waveform Audio OS Design Development
- Provides information for OEMs about adding support for waveform audio to their OS designs.
- Waveform Audio Application Development
- Provides information about creating applications that use waveform audio.
- Waveform Audio Registry Settings
- Describes the registry settings that affect waveform audio.
- Waveform Audio Security
- Describes how enhance security in operating systems and applications that use waveform audio.
- Waveform Audio Migration
- Describes how to modify exiting waveform audio code to work with the latest version of Windows CE.
- Waveform Audio Samples
- Provides information about code examples and code samples for waveform audio.
- Waveform Audio Reference
- Provides reference information for the programming elements for waveform audio.
- Hardware Audio Mixer
- Provides information about creating applications that use the hardware audio mixer.
- Hardware Audio Mixer Reference
- Provides reference information for the programming elements for the hardware audio mixer.
- Audio Drivers
- Provides information about creating drivers that support waveform audio.
- Provides information about audio technologies for Windows CE-based devices.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors