Windows CE Error Reporting (Windows CE 5.0)
Windows CE Error Reporting is a set of technologies that captures key information about the state of the machine at the time of a program crash and allows users to report the collected information. Error Reporting helps improve the reliability of products and applications by giving continuous, detailed feedback to OEMs and Microsoft developers about problems users actually experience.
Developers can use the crash data collected to not only debug particular issues, but to spot trends. Historically, most failures are caused by very few code defects; fewer than 1% of the defects collected in crash dumps account for more than half of the total failures.
In This Section
- Error Reporting Catalog Items
- Provides information about the Catalog items you can select in Platform Builder.
- Error Reporting Overview
- Provides an overview of the error reporting process.
- Error Reporting Modes and Settings
- Provides an overview of registry and administrator settings.
- How to Implement Error Reporting
- Provides step-by-step instructions for implementing error reporting.
- Windows Mobile Error Reporting Reference
- Provides links to complete reference documentation.
- Error Reporting Security
- Provides information about security.
- Kernel Overview
- Provides detailed information about the Windows CE kernel.
- Build System
- Provides detailed information about the Windows CE build system, including catalog item management and environment variables.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors