This function hashes the entire encoded content of a certificate including its signature.
BOOL WINAPI CryptHashCertificate( HCRYPTPROV hCryptProv, ALG_ID Algid, DWORD dwFlags, const BYTE *pbEncoded, DWORD cbEncoded, BYTE *pbComputedHash, DWORD *pcbComputedHash );
- [in] Handle of the CSP used to compute the hash.
Unless there is a strong reason for passing in a specific cryptographic provider in the hCryptProv parameter, zero is passed in. Passing in zero causes the default RSA or DSS provider to be acquired before doing hash, signature verification, or recipient encryption operations.
- [in] ALG_ID structure that specify the hash algorithm to use. If the Algid parameter is zero, the default hash algorithm, SHA1, is used.
- [in] Value to be passed to the hash API. See the CryptCreateHash function for details.
- [in] Address of the encoded content to be hashed.
- [in] Size, in bytes, of the encoded content.
- [out] Pointer to a buffer to receive the computed hash. This parameter can be NULL to set the size of this information for memory allocation purposes.
- [in/out] Pointer to a DWORD that contains the size, in bytes, of the buffer pointed to by the pbComputedHash parameter. When the function returns, the DWORD contains the number of bytes stored in the buffer.
Note When processing the data returned in the buffer, applications must use the actual size of the data returned. The actual size can be slightly smaller than the size of the buffer specified on input. (On input, buffer sizes are usually specified large enough to ensure that the largest possible output data fits in the buffer.) On output, the variable pointed to by this parameter is updated to reflect the actual size of the data copied to the buffer.
If the function succeeds, the return value is nonzero (TRUE).
If the function fails, the return value is zero (FALSE).
For extended error information, call the GetLastError function.
Note Errors from the called CryptCreateHash, CryptGetHashParam, and CryptHashData functions might be propagated to this function.
|Runs on||Versions||Defined in||Include||Link to|
|Windows CE OS||3.0 or later||Wincrypt.h||Crypt32.lib|
Note This API is part of the complete Windows CE OS package as provided by Microsoft. The functionality of a particular platform is determined by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and some devices may not support this API.
Last updated on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
© 1992-2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.