Creating an IP Phone Run-time Image for an Emulator (Windows CE 5.0)
You can use the New Platform Wizard in Platform Builder to create an Emulator IP phone OS design and run-time image.
To create an IP phone OS design and run-time image for an Emulator
- In Platform Builder, from the File menu, choose New Platform.
- The New Platform Wizard appears.
- Choose Next.
- In the Name box, type a name for the OS design, and then choose Next.
- From Available BSPs, select EMULATOR: X86, and then choose Next.
- From Available design templates, select IP Phone, and then choose Next.
- From the list of available IP phones, select IP Phone Advanced, and then choose Next.
- On the Applications & Media page, do not select any options and then choose Next. (The New Platform Wizard already includes all applications that are required to create an IP phone.)
- On the Networking & Communications page, do not select any options and then choose Next. (The New Platform Wizard already includes all networking functionality required to create an IP phone.)
- To complete the New Platform Wizard and create the OS design, choose Finish.
Now that the OS design is complete, you must choose a configuration and then build the run-time image.
- From the Build OS menu, choose Set Active Configuration.
- Choose Emulator: x86_Release, and then choose OK.
- On the Build OS menu, verify that Copy Files to Release Directory After Build and Make Run-Time Image After Build are selected.
- From the Build OS menu, choose Sysgen.
Platform Builder builds the files for the run-time image, copies the files to the release directory, and then creates a run-time image .bin file.
Next, configure a remote connection to the Emulator on this computer and download the run-time image to the Emulator. For detailed instructions, see Downloading the Emulator IP Phone Run-time Image.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors