Guidgen Tool (Windows CE 5.0)
The Guidgen Tool (Guidgen.exe) creates new globally unique identifiers (GUIDs). GUIDs are a Microsoft implementation of the Universally Unique Identifiers (UUIDs) standard. These are unique, 128-bit values used to identify Catalog items. For more information, see GUIDs and UUIDs.
Guidgen.exe is an executable located in %_WINCEROOT%\Sdk\Bin\i386.
When this command is run from a command prompt build window, the Create GUID dialog box appears. You can choose from the four available formats:
- static const struct GUID = (...)
- Registry Format
When you select the radio button corresponding to that format, the Create GUID dialog box displays an example of each format.
For more information about these formats, see Generating a Class Identifier for the Filter.
To create a new GUID
- From a command prompt, type the following command:
- In the dialog box, select the format you want to use, and then choose New GUID.
The Guidgen tool creates a new GUID.
- To insert the new GUID into your source code, choose Copy to add it to the Clipboard, and then paste it into an active source code file.
- After you have finished creating new GUIDs, choose Exit to close the dialog box.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors