Tutorial: Building a Run-Time Image for the Emulator (Windows CE 5.0)
This guide helps you become familiar with Platform Builder and the new functionality of the Windows CE operating system (OS). It provides a step-by-step tutorial for creating and debugging a custom run-time image and a simple application that runs in the Emulator.
In this tutorial you create an Enterprise Web Pad running the Hello World application that runs in the Emulator.
This tutorial makes the following assumptions:
- You have installed Platform Builder and Windows CE as described in the installation instructions.
- You have selected the Emulator as one of the installed CPUs.
- You are familiar with the terms defined in Terminology.
This tutorial takes approximately 50 minutes to complete.
In this tutorial, you complete the following procedures:
- Tutorial Step 1: Creating a Custom OS Design for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 2: Building the Custom Run-Time Image for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 3: Setting Up a Connection to the Emulator and Downloading the Run-Time Image
- Tutorial Step 4: Debugging the OS on the Emulator Using the Kernel Debugger
- Tutorial Step 5: Localizing the Run-Time Image for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 6: Creating and Building an Application for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 7: Running the Application in the Emulator on the Custom Run-Time Image
- Tutorial Step 8: Creating an SDK for eMbedded Visual C++
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors