Setting up Platform Builder to Build Modified Code in a Public Directory (Windows CE 5.0)
The following steps describe how to set up Platform Builder build modified code in a public directory.
It is assumed that you have already set the necessary dirs and sources files to expose your code to the build engine.
To set up Platform Builder to build modified code
- From the Platform menu, choose Settings.
The Platform Settings dialog box appears.
- Under Configuration, choose All Configurations from the list.
- Choose the Environment tab and then choose New.
The Environment Variable dialog box appears.
- Enter a variable named BUILD_OPTIONS and assign it to the name of the directory that contains the modified code that you want to build; then choose OK.
For example, if the source code for your customized shell is in %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Shell\Oak\MyCustomShell, set BUILD_OPTIONS to MyCustomShell.Note Verify that the name of the new build directory is unique compared to all file, directory, and subdirectory names in your %_WINCEROOT% directory.Duplicate directory names can cause the build engine to skip a directory or improperly locate the binary file that results from the build when the entire run-time image is compiled.
- In the Platform Settings dialog box, choose OK.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors