This dialog allows you to specify settings for formatting the selected partition.
- Select a file type from the File System drop-down list.
- Select a size from the Allocation Unit Size drop-down list.
- Type a name for the volume in the Volume Label box. The Volume Label may contain up to 32 characters, including all characters except the asterisk, single quote, and double quote (*, ‘, “).
- Check the Perform a quick format box if you want Setup to quickly format the selected partition without checking first for bad sectors. Otherwise, leave this box unchecked.
- Check Enable file and folder compression if you want to use file compression. You should use compression only if space is scarce, as compression will slow down the device. Compression is supported only on NTFS volumes.
- To continue with Setup, click Next. To exit from Setup, click Cancel.