Creating a Platform
With the Platform Builder integrated development environment (IDE), you can use the New Platform Wizard to create a basic platform. Once the platform is created, you can download the platform to your target device for debugging. For more information, see How to Connect to a Device for Debugging.
To create a platform
- From the File menu, choose New Platform.
The New Platform Wizard appears.
- Choose Next.
- Select one or more of the Available BSPs, and then choose Next.
For a complete list and description of the BSPs, see the Board Support Packages.
The list includes all of the available BSPs for the CPUs that were selected when the software was installed. The list of supported CPUs is defined in the Catalog feature file (.cec) for each BSP.
- Select a platform configuration from the Platform Configuration area.
For a complete list and description of configurations, see Configuration Selection.
- Type a name for your platform in the Platform name box, and then choose Next.
Your platform name cannot contain spaces.
You can type a new path for the platform in the Location box, or use the Browse button to select a platform directory. The path cannot be longer than 32 characters and cannot contain spaces.
- If you selected a platform configuration that includes variants, the variant page for that configuration appears. Select the configuration variant you want to use, and then choose Next.
- From the limited selection of features presented, select the feature or features that you want to include in your platform configuration, and then choose Next.
- or -
If you want to accept all the default options that appear, choose Finish.
- On the page listing special notifications associated with the features in your platform, review the notifications, and then choose Next.
- On the final page of the wizard, to create the new platform, choose Finish.
- or -
Select one of the options to proceed.
Platform Builder will now create the platform configuration that you have selected, and display it in the workspace window. This may take several minutes to complete.
How to Use the IDE to Create, Customize, and Build a Platform| How to Configure and Build an OS Image for a CEPC | How to Connect to a Device for Debugging | How to Debug an OS Image on a CEPC | How to Use Remote Call Profiler to Find Performance Problems | How to Use Remote Performance Monitor to Observe Performance | Platform Creation with the New Platform Wizard | Board Support Packages | Configuration Selection | Building a Platform | How to Create a Device Driver | How to Develop a File System Filter | How to Configure a Flash Device | How to Configure a FAT File System
Last updated on Friday, October 08, 2004
© 1992-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.