Configuring the Connection to a Target Device Using Platform Manager (Windows CE 5.0)
The following procedure sets the properties for a Platform Manager device.
To configure the connection to a target device using Platform Manager
- From the Tools menu, choose any remote tool.
- If the Select a Windows CE Device dialog box appears, choose Cancel.
- From the Connection menu of the remote tool window, choose Configure Windows CE Platform Manager.
- Expand the Windows CE Default Platform node.
- or -
Expand the node for the devices that you want to configure.
- Select Default Device, and then choose Properties.
- or -
If you created a device, select the entry for your device, and then choose Properties.
- In the Transport box, choose a transport, and then choose Configure.
If you choose KITL Transport for Windows CE, you cannot establish a connection from a remote tool to a target device if the run-time image on the target device uses an underlying polled transport. An example of a run-time image that uses a polled transport is a run-time image built from the BSP that supports the discontinued Intel SA1110/SA1111 (Assabet) Development Kit. In this situation, you must instead choose TCP/IP Transport for Windows CE. For information about the TCP/IP transport, see TCP/IP Transport.
- Customize the settings for the transport, and then choose OK.
- In the Startup Server box, choose a startup server, and then choose Configure.
- Customize the settings for the startup server, and then choose OK.
- Choose OK.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors