Debugging and Testing (Windows CE 5.0)
Microsoft® Windows® CE provides tools for testing and debugging a Windows CE–based device. Most tools for debugging and testing reside on the development workstation, and thus rely on a connectivity infrastructure that facilitates communication between the development workstation and a target device.
In This Section
- Debugging Resources Overview
- Provides descriptions of many of the debugging resources available in Windows CE.
- Debugging and Testing How-to Topics
- Provides a list of how-to topics about debugging and testing.
- Tools for Debugging and Testing
- Provides an overview of tools for testing and debugging a Windows CE–based device.
- Windows CE Test Kit
- Describes the Microsoft Windows CE Test Kit (CETK), which is a tool that you can use to test the functionality and performance of device drivers and related hardware for a Windows CE–based device.
- Techniques for Debugging
- Describes special techniques for debugging device battery life.
- Bringing Up a Hardware Platform
- Describes how to use board support packages (BSPs) to bring up a hardware platform.
- Developing a Device Driver
- Provides an overview of Windows CE drivers and describes the typical processes used for developing device drivers for a Windows CE-based device.
- Developing an Operating System
- Provides information about the following processes:
- Creating and modifying an OS design
- Building and downloading a run-time image
- Configuring and building a software development kit (SDK).
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors