Testing the Web Server (Windows CE 5.0)
After you have created your user account and configured user permissions for the Web Server on the CEPC, you can test the Web Server by launching the Web Server configuration page from your client computer. This step will demonstrate that your user has been granted administrative rights for the Web Server and therefore can access any virtual directory on the Web Server.
To launch the Web Server configuration page from your client computer
- On the CEPC, verify that the VMINI1 icon appears on the taskbar. This icon indicates that you are connected to the network.
- Double-click the VMINI1 icon, and then select the IP Information tab. Make a note of the IP address that is in the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- On PBCLIENT, start Internet Explorer, and in the address bar, type http://<IP address from the CEPC>/Webadmin. The Web Server Configuration page appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then choose the Modify button to the right of the Default Web site box. The Default Web Site page appears.
- Choose the Configure the virtual directories on this Web site option. The Virtual Directory Configuration page appears.
- Verify that the following virtual directories are listed on the page:
Note You may choose to visit the /BasicOnly/ and /NTLMOnly/ virtual directories and use the Netmon utility to view details about the authentication process that is taking place for both directories.
- Choose the Return to the Default Web site configuration page option. The Default Web Site page appears.
- Choose the Configure the administrative users for this Web site option. The Administrative Users page appears.
- For Testuser, select Enabled, and then choose Update.
A message that your modifications have been saved and asking you to restart the Web Server appears at the top of the page.
- To restart the Web Server, from the menu bar, select Restart Web Server.
- Close Internet Explorer and then restart it.
- In the Address bar, type http://<IP address from the CEPC>/basiconly.
- In the Enter Network Password dialog box, in the User Name box, type testuser and in the Password box, type the password you created for this user name. Choose OK.
The WindowsCE - /basiconly/ page appears.
You can now click any of the links in the far right column and browse to one of the directories on your CEPC.
You can repeat Steps 12 and 13 for the /NTMLonly and /BothAuth virtual root directories by replacing "basiconly" with the appropriate virtual root directory in the Address bar of your Web browser.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors