IPv4-only Source Code Examples (Windows CE 5.0)
This section provides the source code for SimpleClient.c and SimpleServer.c files in the SDK for the Windows CE OS. These files and this source code are used throughout this conversion guide as examples. The following list shows the source code samples that this section provides:
- IPv4-only Client Code (SimpleClient.c file)
- IPv4-only Server Code (SimpleServer.c file)
Warning Do not use this IPv4-specific code in your applications. This code is provided so that you can contrast it with the code that supports IPv6 as shown in IP Independent Source Code Examples. Use this code sample as a reference while reading the IPv4 to IPv6 conversion information.
A comparison of the source code in these topics and those in IP Independent Source Code Examples shows an example of the changes necessary to convert your Windows Sockets application to IPv6.
In This Section
- IPv4-only Client Code
- Provides a code sample for an IPv4-only Windows Sockets client.
- IPv4-only Server Code
- Provides a code sample for an IPv4-only Windows Sockets server.
- IP Independent Source Code Examples
- Shows a rewritten version of the IPv4-only Windows Sockets client and server code samples that gracefully handles either IPv4 or IPv6.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors