Component Services (COM and DCOM) (Windows CE 5.0)
The Component Object Model (COM) is a platform-independent, object-oriented system for creating binary software components that can interact with other COM-based components in the same process space, in other processes, or on remote devices.
In This Section
- COM and DCOM OS Design Development
- Presents information that is helpful when designing and developing a target device that uses COM. This includes dependencies of COM, the modules and components that implement COM, and COM Sysgen variables.
- COM and DCOM Application Development
- Explains how to write code that uses COM.
- COM and DCOM Registry Settings
- Provides information about the configurable registry settings used by COM.
- COM and DCOM Security
- Provides security best practice information relevant to COM.
- COM and DCOM Migration
- Provides information that is useful if you are migrating from an OS design that includes COM and DCOM and is based on a previous version of Windows CE.
- COM and DCOM Reference
- Provides reference information for the API provided by COM.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors