Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004/2006 SDK
- Web filter
- An extension of the ISA Server Web proxy that can evaluate, redirect, and modify HTTP requests and responses. Web filters are similar in functionality to ISAPI filters that work with Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Windows challenge/response authentication
- See Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (MS-CHAP).
- Windows Internet (WinINet) API
- A collection of functions contained in Wininet.dll that simplifies client access to the Internet by way of HTTP and FTP.
- Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)
- A name resolution service that runs on Windows Server 2003. WINS maps friendly names to IP addresses. A WINS server handles name registrations, queries, and releases. See also Domain Name System (DNS).
- Windows NTFS file system (NTFS)
- See NTFS file system.
- Windows Script Host
- A language-independent scripting host for 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system platforms that enables scripts to be executed directly on the Windows desktop or command console, without the need to embed those scripts in an HTML document.
- Windows Sockets (Winsock)
- A Windows implementation of the widely used University of California-Berkeley Sockets API. Winsock is a networking API used to create TCP/IP-based sockets applications. Winsock provides interfaces between applications and the transport protocol and works as a bidirectional connection for incoming and outgoing data. See also socket.
- See Windows Internet (WinINet) API.
- See Windows Internet Name Service (WINS).
- See Windows Sockets (Winsock).