User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Administrator Approved Controls\Internet Explorer
Designates a set of Microsoft ActiveX controls used to manipulate pop-up menus in the browser as administrator approved.
If you enable this policy, these controls can be run in security zones in which you specify that administrator-approved controls can be run.
If you disable this policy or do not configure it, these controls will not be designated as administrator approved.
To specify a control as administrator approved, click Enabled, and then select the check box for the control:
- MCSiMenu - enables Web authors to control the placement and appearance of Windows pop-up menus on Web pages
- Popup Menu Object - enables Web authors to add pop-up menus to Web pages
To specify how administrator-approved controls are handled for each security zone, carry out the following steps:
- In Group Policy, click User Configuration, click Internet Explorer Maintenance, and then click Security.
- Double-click Security Zones and Content Ratings, click Import the Current Security Zones Settings, and then click Modify Settings.
- Select the content zone in which you want to manage ActiveX controls, and then click Custom Level.
- In the Run ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins area, click Administrator Approved.