Enterprise Edition and Standard Edition
Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 Enterprise Edition and ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition support the following functionality, which is not available in ISA Server Standard Edition:
- Can be deployed in multiple-server arrays for better scalability, performance, fault tolerance, and centralized management.
- Can use the Cache Array Routing Protocol (CARP) to efficiently balance the load of storing and retrieving cached information in an array containing multiple ISA Server computers.
- Provides integration with Network Load Balancing for configuring Network Load Balancing clusters within ISA Server.
- Supports two levels of configuration management. For example, an array policy is applied to all the servers in an entire array, and an enterprise policy can be applied to one or more arrays in the organization.
- Has no restriction on the number of processors on the ISA Server computer (The Standard Edition is limited to four processors.)
In Enterprise Edition, enterprise and array configuration settings are stored centrally on Configuration Storage servers. Each ISA Server computer in an enterprise obtains the enterprise configuration settings and the array configuration settings for its array from a Configuration Storage server and maintains a locally stored effective configuration that is derived from the enterprise and array configurations.
Some properties, methods, parameters, and values are available only with the Enterprise Edition. The reference sections make note of each item that is available only for the Enterprise Edition. Lists of these items are provided in ISA Server Administration in Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.
This section includes the following topics: