About the Microsoft ISA Server Control Service
The Microsoft® ISA Server Control service (isactrl) performs the following functions:
- Starting other ISA Server services.
- Restarting other ISA Server services when certain changes are made through ISA Server Management, as described in the Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 product documentation.
- Generating alerts and running actions.
- Updating the Firewall client configuration settings.
- Deleting unused log files.
- Synchronizing the configuration of an ISA Server computer with the Configuration Storage server assigned to its array (only in ISA Server Enterprise Edition).
You cannot use ISA Server Management to stop or start the Microsoft ISA Server Control service. To stop the service, enter the following at a command prompt:net stop isactrl
If you stop the Microsoft ISA Server Control service, all the other ISA Server services will also be stopped.