Windows Communication Foundation
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is Microsoft’s unified programming model for building service-oriented applications. It enables developers to build secure, reliable, transacted solutions that integrate across platforms and interoperate with existing investments.
In This Section
- Guide to the Documentation
- A set of suggested topics to read, depending on your familiarity (novice to well-acquainted) and requirements.
- Conceptual Overview
- The larger concepts behind WCF.
- Getting Started Tutorial
- A set of walkthrough topics that introduces you to the experience of programming WCF applications.
- Basic WCF Programming
- A set of primer topics that you should understand to become a proficient WCF programmer.
- WCF Feature Details
- Topics that let you choose which WCF feature or features you need to employ.
- Extending WCF
- Topics that describe extending or customizing WCF to suit your unique requirements.
- Guidelines and Best Practices
- Topics that can help you to avoid mistakes and to create reusable applications.
- WCF Administration and Diagnostics
- Topics that describe a set of WCF functionalities that can help you monitor the different stages of an application’s life and diagnose problems.
- WCF System Requirements
- A list of WCF requirements.
- Operating System Resources Required by WCF
- A list of the resources that are provided by the operating system.
- Troubleshooting Setup Issues
- Describes how to troubleshoot WCF setup issues.
- Windows Communication Foundation Glossary
- Glossary terms used in WCF.
- WCF Samples
- Downloadable samples that provide working code projects that demonstrate features and programming techniques for WCF.
- WCF Tools
- Tools that help you to create and debug WCF applications.
- General Reference
- Topics that document the XML elements used to configure services and client applications.
- Feedback and Community
- Information about sending your comments or sharing information with others interested in WCF.
- Windows Communication Foundation Privacy Information (Version 3.0)
- Information on a feature-by-feature basis about what WCF applications reveal about end users.
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last Published: 2010-03-21