Extending the Metadata System
The Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) metadata system is a group of classes and interfaces that represent metadata required to implement service-based applications. Modify or extend the classes or implement and configure the interfaces to export and import custom metadata such as Web Services Description Language (WSDL) extensions or custom WS-PolicyAttachments assertions.
In This Section
- Exporting Custom Metadata for a WCF Extension
- Describes how to implement and use the System.ServiceModel.Description.IPolicyExportExtension interface to embed custom policy assertions in WSDL documents.
- Importing Custom Metadata for a WCF Extension
- Describes how to implement and use the System.ServiceModel.Description.IPolicyImportExtension interface to read and respond to custom policy assertions in WSDL documents.
- Publishing and Retrieving Metadata Over a Custom Binding
- Describes how to exchange metadata over custom bindings.
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last Published: 2010-03-21