The topics in this section list various security-related items to consider when designing a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) application.
In This Section
- Information Disclosure
- Discusses the various ways that information can be disclosed or attacked, and how to mitigate this.
- Elevation of Privilege
- Discusses the effects of giving an attacker authorization permissions beyond those initially granted and how to mitigate this.
- Denial of Service
- Discusses what happens when a system is unable to process messages appropriately and how to mitigate it.
- Discusses the altering of messages or the delivery of messages and how to mitigate it.
- Replay Attacks
- Discusses what happens when an attacker copies a stream of messages between two parties and replays the stream to one or more of the parties, and how to mitigate this.
- Security Considerations for Secure Sessions
- Discusses the following items that affect security when implementing secure sessions.
- Unsupported Scenarios
- Lists various scenarios that do not support a particular aspect of security and should be avoided or considered.
Other ResourcesWindows Communication Foundation Security