Basic WCF Programming
This section presents the fundamentals for creating Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) applications.
In This Section
- Basic Programming Lifecycle
- Describes the lifecycle of designing, building, and deploying WCF service and client applications.
- Designing and Implementing Services
- Describes how to design and implement a service contract, choose a message exchange pattern, specify a fault contract, and other basic aspects of services.
- Configuring Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Describes how to configure a WCF service to support the contract requirements, customize local runtime behavior, and indicate the address to publish the service.
- Hosting Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Describes the basics of hosting services in an application.
- Building Windows Communication Foundation Clients
- Describes how to obtain metadata from services, convert that into WCF client code, handle security issues, and build, configure, and host an WCF client.
- Introduction to Extensibility
- Describes how to extend WCF to create custom solutions.
- WCF Troubleshooting Quickstart
- Describes some of the most common issues that occur, what you can do to solve them, and where to locate more information about the issue.
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build Date: 2009-08-07