Service metadata contains a machine-readable description of the service. Service metadata includes descriptions of the service endpoints, bindings, contracts, operations, and messages. You can use service metadata for a variety of purposes, including automatically generating a client for consuming the service, implementing the service description, and dynamically updating the binding for a client.
In This Section
- Understanding Generated Client Code
- Describes the different classes and interfaces the Svcutil.exe tool generates.
- How to: Retrieve Metadata and Implement a Compliant Service
- Demonstrates how to retrieve metadata using Svcutil.exe and implement a compliant service.
- Generating a WCF Client from Service Metadata
- Demonstrates how to retrieve metadata using Svcutil.exe and generate a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) client.