Check boxes are used to enable or disable one or more features or options from a set, usually within a dialog box. Typically, a check box contains a small box with adjoining text. When an option is selected, a check mark appears in the box.
The window class name for a check box is "BUTTON".
Supported Properties and Methods
- The DoDefaultAction method calls PostMessage with the BM_CLICK button message to click the check box.
- The ChildCount is zero.
- The DefaultAction property of a check box depends on whether it is selected. A check box that is not selected has "Check" as its DefaultAction, and a check box that is selected has "UnCheck" as its DefaultAction. The DefaultAction for a three-state check box is "Toggle".
- The KeyboardShortcut property is the check box's access key, which is an underlined character in the control's window text. This string contains the access key character appended to the string "Alt+".
- The Name property is obtained from the control's window text (or caption), which is displayed with the check box.
- The Parent property is a window (ROLE_SYSTEM_WINDOW) that surrounds the control and has the same Name property and window class name as the control.
- The Role property is ROLE_SYSTEM_CHECKBUTTON.
- The State property is a combination of one or more of the following values:
STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE | STATE_SYSTEM_UNAVAILABLE | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE | STATE_SYSTEM_MIXED | STATE_SYSTEM_CHECKED | STATE_SYSTEM_NORMAL