A pop-up menu displays a list of menu commands. Active Accessibility creates a menu pop-up object when a menu item in a menu bar is opened. Active Accessibility also creates menu pop-up objects for context menus, which are displayed when the user right-clicks a user interface element.
The window class name for a pop-up menu is "#32768".
Supported Properties and Methods
- Retrieves the IDispatch interface for the specified menu item. The child IDs for the menu items are numbered sequentially from top to bottom starting with one.
- The ChildCount property is the number of menu items in the menu including menu separators.
- The Name property for a pop-up menu is the same name as the menu. The Name property for a context menu is "Context".
- The Parent property is a window (ROLE_SYSTEM_WINDOW) that surrounds the pop-up menu and has the same Name property and window class name as the pop-up menu .
- The Role property is ROLE_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUP.
- The State property is a combination of one or more of the following values:
STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE | STATE_SYSTEM_UNAVAILABLE | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE
Pop-up menu objects do not trigger EVENT_OBJECT_CREATE and EVENT_OBJECT_DESTROY events.
Multi-column menus do not support the NAVDIR_LEFT or NAVDIR_RIGHT flags of the accNavigate method.
The events EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUPSTART and EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUPEND are not sent consistently. This is a known issue and is being addressed.