Using the OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing
All the OLE DB objects exposed by the OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing support aggregation.
Both the free-threading and the apartment-threading model are supported, allowing multiple threads to access the objects safely.
Depending on the application programming interface and development tools used, you should be familiar with:
- Microsoft OLE DB 2.5
- Microsoft ADO 2.5
This section covers the following topics about the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing:
- Protocol Driver Selection and Caching
- Describes how a protocol driver is selected.
- Remote Data Caching
- Describes the types of data cached by OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing.
- URL Handling
- Describes how the OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing handles URLs.
- Progress Reporting
- Describes progress notifications.
- Security Restrictions Using ADO
- Restrictions on using ADO for security reasons.