Obtaining Additional Process Information
There are a variety of functions for obtaining information about processes. Some of these functions can be used only for the calling process, because they do not take a process handle as a parameter. You can use functions that take a process handle to obtain information about other processes.
- To obtain the command-line string for the current process, use the GetCommandLine function.
- To retrieve the STARTUPINFO structure specified when the current process was created, use the GetStartupInfo function.
- To obtain the version information from the executable header, use the GetProcessVersion function.
- To obtain the full path and file name for the executable file containing the process code, use the GetModuleFileName function.
- To obtain the count of handles to graphical user interface (GUI) objects in use, use the GetGuiResources function.
- To determine whether a process is being debugged, use the IsDebuggerPresent function.
- To retrieve accounting information for all I/O operations performed by the process, use the GetProcessIoCounters function.
Build date: 11/16/2013