About Window Stations and Desktops
A window station is a securable object that is associated with a process, and contains a clipboard, an atom table, and one or more desktop objects.
A desktop is a securable object contained within a window station. A desktop has a logical display surface and contains user interface objects such as windows, menus, and hooks.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Window Stations
- Window Station and Desktop Creation
- Process Connection to a Window Station
- Thread Connection to a Desktop
- Window Station Security and Access Rights
- Desktop Security and Access Rights