Start a Help System Design
Here are some suggestions for planning a help system or Web site:
- Decide whether you will distribute your help system with a program, or on a Web site.
- Determine who your audience is and, if you will distribute with a program, whether you want to use information types to direct topics to specific users.
- If you will distribute with a program, decide whether you want to display topics in the Help Viewer or create your own frameset. If you are creating a Web site, plan page designs. For frameset and Web site design, plan which documents will contain the HTML Help ActiveX control.
- Plan a design for your topics, create HTML template files, and begin writing.
- Plan a design for your table of contents and index.
- If you will distribute with a program, design any secondary help windows or modifications to the Help Viewer you want to use.
- Create a help project (.hhp) file to manage your help files.
Build date: 4/14/2012