Creating an Index for a Web Site
Creating an index for use as a navigational aid on a Web site is similar to creating an index for use in a compiled help file. This procedure describes the extra steps you must take to make the index usable over the Web.
- Create an index file.
- Create the HTML file that will contain your index.
- Place your cursor at the location where you want the index file to appear, and then click HTML Help ActiveX Control.
Opens the HTML Help ActiveX Control Wizard, which enables you to insert or edit the control in an HTML file.
- In the Specify the command box, click Index, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
- Because an index created for a Web site is not compiled, it should be created using a site map.
- If your users do not have a browser that supports ActiveX controls, try using the HTML Help Java applet.
- For more information about the Index command, see the HTML Help ActiveX control reference.
Build date: 4/14/2012