Common Page and Site Customization Tasks
This section contains detailed, step-by-step procedures for common page and site customization tasks.
In This Section
- How to: Customize Navigation
Customize navigation with the object model and the ASP.NET Site Navigation mechanism.
- How to: Create a Minimal Master Page
Learn how to create a master page that includes the minimum functionality that Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 requires.
- How to: Customize Page Editing Toolbar Components
Modify the page editing toolbar to provide quick, custom access to page editing functions according to user permissions and page context.
- How to: Add a Button to the HTML Editor Field Control
- How to: Customize the HTML Editor Field Control
Work with the Publishing HTML column type to add enhanced HTML editing capabilities to your pages.
- How to: Customize the Asset Picker
Modify pickers to allow users access to custom content.
- How to: Customize Styles
Use XML style sheets and templates to customize individual page elements.
- How to: Customize the Content Query Web Part by using Custom Properties
Learn how to use custom properties to modify the appearance and behavior of the Custom Query Web Part.
- How to: Display Custom Fields in a Content Query Web Part
Modify a Content Query Web Part so that it displays custom fields.
- How to: Create a Custom Field Control (Movie Control)
Demonstrates how to create a custom field control to host video.
Other ResourcesManaging Web Content
Pages in Office SharePoint Portal Server