Welcome to the Microsoft Office Visio 2007 SDK
This reference contains conceptual overviews, programming tasks, samples, and references to guide you in developing solutions based on Visio.
Publish date of this reference: October 2006 (version 2007)
This documentation is accessible from the following locations:
- From the Microsoft Download Center. To download the latest version of the Visio 2007 SDK for offline viewing, and to update local copies for use with the product, visit the Microsoft Download Center.
- From the MSDN Library. To view the most recent version in the MSDN library, click items in the table of contents control, displayed in the navigation pane of your browser.
This documentation contains the following:
- What's New. Provides a list of new members by object and in alphabetical order.
- Overview Provides details on the contents of the SDK, how to install and uninstall the SDK, software requirements for the tools and samples, and known issues for the SDK.
- References Individual reference documentation as follows:
- Automation Reference Provides an overview of Automation in Visio. It includes information about the Visio object model, the Visio type library, and about extending the functionality of Visio with macros, add-ons, and COM (Component Object Model) add-ins. A sample Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro is also provided. This reference provides details on Visio objects, properties, methods, and events.
- Save as Web Page Reference Provides an overview of using the Save as Web Page API with Microsoft Office Visio 2007. Details about the Save as Web Page methods, objects, enum, and properties are provided. We also provide a Microsoft Visual Basic example of the Save as Web Page object model
- ShapeSheet Reference Provides an overview of the ShapeSheet spreadsheet in Visio, including information about working with formulas, strings, date and time values, units of measure, and information about common ShapeSheet tasks, such as adding and deleting ShapeSheet sections and referencing cells from formulas. Details on each section, row, and cell in a ShapeSheet spreadsheet and details on functions you can use in formulas are provideds.
- XML Reference Provides an overview of XML for Visio. Detailed information is provided for the XML for Visio schema, inheritance, working with sheets and formulas, geometry, text, loading XML files created outside Visio, round-tripping XML data, embedding custom XML data, units of measure, and errors and warning messages.