Introduction to Strings in Visual Basic
This section describes the basic concepts behind using strings in Visual Basic.
In This Section
- String Basics in Visual Basic
Introduces the basic concepts behind using strings and string variables.
- Types of String Manipulation Methods in Visual Basic
Introduces several different ways to analyze and manipulate strings.
- Nothing and Strings in Visual Basic
Describes how the Visual Basic runtime and the .NET Framework evaluate Nothing differently when it comes to strings.
- How Culture Affects Strings in Visual Basic
Discusses how Visual Basic uses culture information to perform string conversions and comparisons.
- Zero-based vs. One-based String Access in Visual Basic
Compares how Visual Basic and the .NET Framework provide access to the characters in a string.