Setting the ClickOnce Deployment Properties
Before you deploy the Windows application, you set properties for Security and Publish from the application's Properties window.
The Security property sets the permissions for your application. By default, the ClickOnce deployment has a limited subset of permissions. You can set the permissions to deploy only to client machines on the Intranet or Internet, or to allow full permissions.
The Publish property sets the deployment location to a Web Site URL, an FTP server, or a file path. Also, this property sets necessary prerequisites and updates to the deployed application.
To set the ClickOnce Deployment Options
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the bold project name, and click Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select Enable ClickOnce Security Settings.
By default, the ClickOnce security permission is set to This is a full trust application.
- Click on the Publish tab, and then click Prerequisites.
- In the Prerequisites dialog box, under the Choose which prerequisites to install list, select .NET Framework 2.0 and Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0.
Note Encourage your clients to install the .NET Framework and Crystal Reports .NET Framework 2.0 runtime before you deploy the Windows application, because installation time increases significantly if you use ClickOnce to install the prerequisites.
- Click OK.
- On the Publish tab, click Updates. From the Application Updates dialog box, ensure the following options are selected:
- Select The application should check for updates.
- In the Choose when the application should check for updates list, select Before the application starts.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- From the File menu, click Save All.
Continue to Publishing the Windows Application.