Task List, Environment, Options Dialog Box
The Task List page of the Options dialog box allows you to set the options for adding, deleting, and changing comment tokens and tasks. You can access this dialog box by selecting Options from the Tools menu and then choosing Task List from the Environment folder.
Note You cannot rename or delete the default comment token; however, you can change its priority level.
- Confirm deletion of tasks
- When selected, a message box displays whenever a task is deleted, allowing you to confirm the deletion. A task must be editable to be deleted, but not all editable tasks can be deleted. This option is the default value.
- Warn when adding a task that won't be shown
- When selected, provides a message box to warn you when a task you are adding will not be shown in the Task List. For example, the message appears if you choose to show only Smart Editor tasks (using the options on this Options page) and later enter a User task. It also appears when you add a task that sorts within the list such that it is not shown in the currently displayed portion of Tasks. This option is the default value.
Comment tokens are indicators in comments that tell the Task List to create a new task item when the token is typed in an editor that supports Comment Tasks.
- Token List
- Displays a list of existing comment tokens, and allows you to add and remove comment tokens that appear in the Task List. Comment tokens are case sensitive. If you create a comment without typing the token exactly as it appears in the Task List, a comment task will not be created.
- Use this option to set the priority of the token displayed in the Token List. The prioritized task is added automatically to the Task List for the token.
- Use this option to change the name of the token selected in the Token List or to add a new token to the list.
- Click to add a new token with the Name and Priority you selected.
- Click to make changes to the priority you selected or to the name you typed in the Priority and Name lists.
- Click to delete the selected item in the Token List. You cannot delete the default token.