Migrating Data-Centric Applications to Azure
Updated: March 13, 2014
Migrating from on-premises to the cloud platform brings many challenges to surface. This section provides best practices and guidelines for those who want to migrate their on-premises applications and databases to Azure.
In This Section
- Overview of the Migration Life Cycle in Azure
- Provides step-by-step instructions for migrating your applications and data to Azure.
- Planning a Migration to Azure
- Provides a walk through on several concerns and steps you should consider as you plan a migration to Azure.
- Implementing the Migration Plan for Azure
- Provides guidance on the final steps of migration to Azure.
- Migrating with Azure Virtual Machines
- Provides an overview on the Azure Virtual Machines (VM) and guidance on how you can migrate your existing SQL Server databases to Azure using SQL Server in an Azure Virtual Machine.
- Migrating with Azure Cloud Services
- Provides an overview on the Azure Cloud Services and guidance on how to migrate your existing applications and databases to Azure using the functionalities provided by the Azure Cloud Services platform.