A header control displays headings at the top of columns of information and lets the user sort the information by clicking the headings. Windows Explorer uses a header control when the Details view is selected.
The window class name for a header control is WC_HEADER, which is defined as "SysHeader32" in Commctrl.h.
Supported Properties and Methods
- This method performs the default action by clicking the header.
- The ChildCount property is zero.
- The DefaultAction property is "Click".
- The Name property is the same as the name of the column header.
- The Parent property is a window (ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST) that surrounds the control and has the same window class name as the control.
- The Role property is ROLE_SYSTEM_COLUMNHEADER.
- The value for the State property is always STATE_SYSTEM_READONLY and can also include STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE.